Amy Austin are looking for a manager for their wine bar on Drury Street, with an immediate start.
If you are a smart, self-motivated restaurant professional who values the true meaning of hospitality, we want to work with you. We are seeking talented restaurant professionals who have a true passion for and understanding of how to make a unique, memorable experience for our guests.
Amy Austin is looking for an experienced, outgoing Manager to make their mark on this small wine bar in the heart of the city centre. This position is best suited for someone with an outgoing and gregarious nature; therefore, the ideal candidate has previous experience as a star Maître d or Host.
The space is well suited with potential to drive the business through entertainment evenings and private events.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to maintaining revenue, profitability and a high standard of service.
Named as an homage to a famous graffitied declaration of love, now famous in Austin, Texas and beyond, Amy Austin is a wine bar for wine lovers, with good food too. Seating fewer than 30 diners, it’s a modest space but boasts a vibrant décor, a broad range of wines on tap and by the bottle, and an eclectic menu to match.
Amy Austin comes with the opportunity to be a part of a restaurant group that promotes and supports initiative and creativity. Including the ability to build a strong, like-wise team around you.
The successful applicant will be:
- Efficient with time-management
- Friendly, outgoing, gregarious demeanour
- Savvy with an organised administrative skillset
- Experienced with booking systems (Open Table used), InDesign, WordPress, and Payroll Systems (Bizimply used)
- Interested and knowledgeable in food, wine and/or cocktails
- 2 years minimum experience as a Restaurant Manager, Maître d or Host
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience in a high-volume, service-driven restaurant
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Experience hiring, training, and mentoring a diverse hourly FOH staff
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change
- A positive and self-motivated disposition with a commitment to excellence and team success
This position offers a comprehensive package including:
- A competitive base salary
- Quarterly bonus program
- Referral bonus program
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Dining discounts at all other restaurants within the group